I am an absolute coffee lover, and my daily Starbucks bills forced me to rethink my love for coffee. That is when my friend came to me with a great suggestion. She told me that as a coffee enthusiast, owning an espresso machine is a must-have for me if I want to achieve that perfect cup of java without hiking up my bills. Well, I know the price of a coffee maker is quite high, but I consider it a one-time investment plan.
Once I made up my mind, I headed towards the store. Among the innumerable options available, I was told by the salesperson that the Gaggia RI9380/50 Classic Pro Espresso Machine and Sage the Barista Express Espresso Machine stand out as two popular choices. The options confused me, but as I examined all the other options, I understood why these two are specifically at the top rank.
The main difference between the Gaggia RI9380/50 Classic Pro Espresso Machine and the Sage the Barista Express Espresso Machine lies in their approach to brewing espresso. While the Gaggia Classic Pro focuses on simplicity and a traditional approach to espresso making, the Sage Barista Express offers convenience with its built-in grinder and additional advanced features. Well, my task to select the best became more difficult. I stopped for a while and thought of doing thorough research and comparing both options. My research started at that very moment as I showered my questions to the salesperson. The man, however, was very kind to explain everything calmly. I later read some articles, and once I could compile all the required information, I thought of sharing them with you all so that you can make the right shopping decision.
Comparison Table: Gaggia RI9380/50 Classic Pro Espresso Machine VS Sage the Barista Express Espresso Machine
Gaggia RI9380/50 Classic Pro Espresso Machine:
This was the first model I came across when I stepped inside the store. The salesperson explained it as a magical machine. However, since I was not convinced it was a magical machine, I started looking for its details online. According to the Gaggia direct website Gaggia Classic Range – Gaggia United Kingdom (gaggiadirect.co.uk), the Gaggia RI9380/50 Classic Pro Espresso Machine is best for true espresso fans who want to master coffee making.
I moved to the customer reviews section, and there, a user mentioned that this machine gives great brewing control and a great experience. Soon, I found that you can make dreamy milk and espresso with a professional portafilter and steam wand. From my experience, if you enjoy coffee making, this machine will change your view of espresso. That’s why the salesperson mentioned it being a magical machine.
- Professional-grade portafilter.
- Steam wand for milk frothing.
- Precision and control.
- Quality milk frothing.
- Lack of built-in grinder.
Sage the Barista Express Espresso Machine:
Well, this is the one I ended up buying. I have been using it for a few months now, and the Sage the Barista Express Espresso Machine is your ticket to fresh, precise coffee heaven. Besides, the digital temperature control ensures perfect coffee. Although this machine is more expensive.
But, if you think it in other way it is an investment towards great coffee. Moreover, just like me, if you want to learn coffee making, the Sage Barista Express is your best friend.
- Integrated conical burr grinder.
- Digital temperature control.
- Freshly ground coffee.
- Temperature control.
- Higher cost.
- Gaggia Classic Pro: Gaggia Classic Water Container – 996530053223 (coffeesparesdirect.co.uk) It comes with a large removable water reservoir with a 72-ounce capacity.
- Sage Barista Express: Sage Barista Express Review BES875UK – Is It Worth the Money? (homegrounds.co) the water tank size is decent, 250 gram Bean Hopper; 2L Water Tank; Single or Double shots; Adjustable Grind Amount and Manual over-ride.
Ease of Use:
- Gaggia Classic Pro has simple and easy-to-use controls, making it user-friendly for beginners.
- The Sage Barista Express is a practical machine with easy-to-understand programming assistance and a clear user manual.
Construction and Durability:
- Gaggia Classic Pro is made of stainless steel, and is known for its rugged, sturdy, and durable construction.
- Sage Barista Express on the other hand is also well-built with a metallic structure, ensuring durability.
- Gaggia Classic Pro delivers consistent and flavorful espresso with its powerful 15-bar pump and pre-infusion feature.
- Thanks to its fully customizable grind and size settings, Sage Barista Express offers various results depending on user preferences.
Based on what I have learned from my research and experience, it is clear that each machine has its pros and cons. There are some things about both the machines that make them stand out in their ways. The Gaggia Classic Pro is a strong competitor because it has a large water tank, simple controls, and a strong build. But the Sage Barista Express I bought also runs fast in the race as it can be customised, and it has a smart milk jug and a pressure gauge.
Just like me, to find the best, you must know what you need and what you like and choose the one that fits you the best. Find out if you like strong steaming or not. Or is money what matters most? All of these questions will help you figure out what you are interested in. Whether you choose the Classic Pro or the Barista Express, you will indeed have great coffee times ahead.