Cooking has been my passion ever since I was a kid. My mother and grandmother have inspired me to pursue my interests and build a successful career. I knew where I should head, and today, life is beautiful.
The inspiration for writing this article came when I hosted a lunch party a few weeks before, where I opted for a simple yet delicious dish, ‘Chicken legs’.
Along with maintaining the taste of my food, I prefer keeping them healthy as well. I did the minimal preparations and air-fried my chicken legs, which turned out amazing. Everyone loved it and assumed that making such a dish could be exhausting. I informed them that my Ninja foodi air fryer did the entire magic, and only the minimal works were done by me.
They looked at me in disbelief as they, too, own the same air fryer, but it never seemed possible. I narrated the entire process; they eventually tried and invited me to give the reviews. There, I realised my step-by-step guide on making chicken legs in a Ninja Foodi air fryer can help many people serve this delicious and healthy dish to their family or friends. So, let me save time and get right into the guide.
The first thing before going to the steps for you is collecting the ingredients, which are basic and can be easily found in every kitchen. You will need:
- 6-8 chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Steps to Cook Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Legs:
Step 1- The first step is to preheat your air fryer to 400°F. It will help you make your dish faster and get that crispy texture on your chicken legs.
Step 2- Season chicken legs with 1 teaspoon of garlic, onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Use smoked paprika according to your spice tolerance and salt as per taste. Allow the chicken legs to rest for a while, and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Remember to leave some space between each leg. You may need to cook the chicken legs in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer and how many people you are making the dish for.
Step 3- Let the chicken legs cook in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes. I suggest flipping them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even and uniform cooking. The cooking time may differ depending on the size and thickness of the chicken legs.
You can also check the internal temperature of the chicken legs with a meat thermometer. Remember the temperature should reach 165°F to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
Step 4- You can remove the chicken legs from the air fryer once they are fully cooked and crisp outside.
Step 5- Allow the chicken legs to rest for a few minutes before serving. It will let the juices redistribute, making your chicken juicy inside and crispy on the outside.
Step 6- That’s it; serve your delicious and crispy Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken legs with your favourite side dishes like salads and dips.
With the experience gained in so many years, I have presented some serving suggestions that can elevate the simple fried chicken legs to a restaurant-class dish:
- While taste matters, health matters, too. You can serve your chicken legs with roasted vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or carrots. It will make chicken legs a complete and fulfilling dish and give it a healthy, flavorful touch.
- Never underestimate the power of creamy mashed potatoes. Who knew a bland vegetable could become a country staple with seasoning and a heavenly texture? In the UK, we love mashed potatoes with almost everything, and fried chicken legs are no exception. They are the perfect side dish to pair with crispy chicken legs. You can also top it off with gravy of tomatoes or onions to add more flavour.
- Sometimes, to elevate a dish, you only need to add a refreshing touch. Whenever I hear refreshing touch, I can only think of simple coleslaw. It can be a great side dish that will balance out the richness of the chicken legs. All you need to do is make classic cabbage coleslaw by shredding it or switch it up with a broccoli slaw. Make coleslaw with other salad vegetables if you don’t have much in your fridge.
- If you are preparing food for a sleepover, pair chicken legs with creamy and cheesy macaroni and cheese. It will be fulfilling and delicious as well. Believe me, for me, it is the best dish for a cosy date night.
- And the effortless café style can never go wrong. A crisp and refreshing salad perfectly complements crispy chicken legs. Go for a classic Caesar salad or a simple garden salad with your preferred dressing.
From my experience cooking different dishes for people with varying taste palates, I know that the proper seasoning and cooking technique can help you achieve the right outcome. The crispy and flavorful chicken legs can be a revolutionary dish that will help you host more parties without worrying about extra effort.
All my friends benefitted, and they thanked me for introducing the magic machine Ninja foodi air fryer and the simple way of making the best-fried chicken legs. I hope this guide will help you as well to serve the best to your friends and family. So, don’t wait any longer; put on your cooking cap, try this recipe, and surprise your family or loved ones with a delicious meal.