Rumours are circulating about an upcoming free-to-play role-playing game called “Project Mugen” after NVIDIA GeForce UK unveiled a teaser trailer. Though details remain scarce, the footage captures the game’s futuristic open world filled with anime-styled characters.
Although an official release date has yet to be officially announced, there are indications that Project Mugen could be available for platforms such as PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, iOS and Android devices sometime between 2023 and early 2024.
The multiplayer aspect still needs to be clarified, as the trailer doesn’t provide any hints about whether it will have competitive modes. However, there are speculations that the game might include Gacha-style mechanics to popular titles like Genshin Impact. This could potentially involve microtransactions for unlocking randomized characters.
The trailer introduces five playable characters, each boasting unique abilities and weaponry:
- Taffy, a laidback character wielding a transforming motorbike/hammer.
- Bansy, a vibrant grenade and firearm expert suited for long-range combat.
- Alan, an agile fighter using yo-yo-like tools.
- Mechanika, accompanied by a mysterious robot companion, suggests a support role.
- Dila, a sword-wielder, is likely integral to the plot based on her ominous vibe.
Project Mugen has garnered interest due to its graphics, unique characters and the promise of thrilling gameplay. We will update you as specific information about this highly anticipated RPG becomes available.